If you’re about to buy an ID card printer for the first time, you’ll most likely be comparing the capabilities and prices of a few different models.
Here’s why we think the EasyBadge should be on your list – and why it should be somewhere near the top.
First things first though, what do you need your card printer to do?
If you’ve decided to print your staff ID cards on-site for the first time, you need to think carefully about what you want from your cards, and how many you’ll be printing.
If you’re printing high volumes of double-sided cards, and want to be able to encode them with smart card capabilities for example, a card printer like this one won’t cut the mustard.
However if you’re printing small-medium quantities of colour ID cards (single sided), or membership cards, a printer like the EasyBadge will be all you need.
And at our special offer price of just £599, it suddenly becomes comparable to entry-level printer bundles, even though it’s capable of much more.
Who the EasyBadge is designed for
If you’re new to the world of ID card printers, and don’t want to do anything too sophisticated with your cards, the EasyBadge is for you.
It’s marketed as ‘plug in and print’, and it genuinely is.
We gave the package to our new sales person in the office (who has never used a card printer before) and they had their first ID card printing off in around 10-15 minutes.
The set-up wizard walks you through the set-up steps with no drama.
The card design software and records management is incredibly intuitive and simple, and makes it easy to set up multiple card designs. You might want a different layout for temporary and permanent staff for example, or to colour-code for different departments.
We honestly haven’t seen an ID card software that is this easy to use, which is what EasyBadge are banking on, as they’ve invested a lot in developing it.
The print quality is good too, although you won’t get true edge-to-edge printing from it, or from any printer at this price realistically.
It prints out a card in around 30 seconds.
What’s in the box?
- 200 print Colour Ribbon & 200 Cards
The ribbon is pre-loaded into the printer, so that’s one less thing you need to worry about.
- EasyBadge Software – Professional Version (worth £295)
Setting up card designs and database is easy, as is switching between designs. And what’s more, they’re giving you the Professional Version which gives you unlimited records and unlimited databases, so you won’t out-grow it unless you want to upgrade to encoding capabilities.
- Free EasyBadge App for mobile and tablet
This is really helpful if you have staff across different locations. Download the free App, and users can upload their images and data wherever they are.
- Secure Card Torch
The EasyBadge ribbon comes with a UV overlay, that allows you to print an image in UV onto the card. This can be viewed using the secure card torch included. Not convinced how useful this actually is, but it’s a nice added extra.
Why we’d buy it
- The software is the most simple and easy to use in the market. We’ve tested a lot of ID card software in our time, and this is the most intuitive and simple to use. It’s also genuinely fast to install. You’ll be creating your own card designs (and printing them) in no time.
- It contains everything you need to get printing immediately. With the ribbon pre-loaded, and the cards easy to put into the card hopper, you can get to work straight away, and you don’t need buy anything separately.
- The cost of the consumables is reasonable. You don’t want to be paying over the odds for a new printer ribbon every time, and you won’t. You’ll pay around £40 for a 200 image colour ribbon, and you can pick up 100 quality plastic cards for around £10.
- It has a 5-year warranty. This is a big plus, as on an entry-level printer you would normally only get one year warranty thrown in. The fact that they’re providing 5 years demonstrates the confidence that EasyBadge has in their technology.
We are currently selling the EasyBadge at a special price of £599+VAT whilst stocks last.
Find out more at www.easybadge.com