Pebble4, Dualys3, QB10 and Tattoo Card Printers – Evolis announce the withdrawal of spare parts
Production of the Pebble and Dualys printers from Evolis stopped some years ago, and they have recently announced the end of life for their related spare parts.
What does this mean if you have a Pebble or Dualys card printer?
From 31st December, 2018, if your printer fails due to an issue with one of its parts, there will be no way to get it repaired or have a replacement part issued.
Evolis also won’t be issuing any more firmware updates, which could cause a problem for you when your operating system updates. In other words, your printer may stop issuing cards, and it will be very difficult to find out why.
It’s also only a matter of time until Evolis stop producing ribbons for these models, though there’s no news on this at the moment.
To encourage you to upgrade your card printer now, Evolis are offering a Trade-In, Trade-Up offer
Up to £100 off a new Zenius Expert or £250+ off a new Primacy
Send in your old card printer to receive a discount on the list price on a new Evolis Zenius, Primacy or Quantum. The amount of discount depends on the new model selected, not the model of the card printer you’re trading in, and ranges from £90-£400.
Your existing printer doesn’t have to be working, but it does need to have all its parts.
What a Primacy can do that your Pebble or Dualys can’t
Plenty, to be honest.
The Primacy is the fastest printer in its category, offering an improvement of printing speed of 25% compared to Pebble & Dualys printers.
It’s targeted at users who print between 2,500 and 30,000 plastic cards a year, and can churn out 210 full colour cards per hour.
Other benefits include:
- Ease of use – ribbons come in a user-friendly cassette and are automatically recognised. Up to 100 cards can be placed in the input hopper (no more manual feeding) and collected in the output hopper
- Lower run-on costs – ribbons have a higher capacity, giving you lower cost of card print
- Eco friendly – compact, with reduced energy consumption mode
- Easily upgradable on site – choose to upgrade to dual sided printing or add encoding options easily, without having to send your printer back to base
- Easy monitoring – Comes with Evolis Premium Suite software, which gives you more information and performs operations automatically, such as identifying the ribbon type. It also displays pop-ups on your computer screen to let you know when ribbons or cards are running low, or when cleaning is needed.
Promotion runs until 31st December, 2018.
For more information on these printers, or any other card printers in our range, please call us on 01244 526009 or email@example.com