Packer / Production Assistant
Annual Salary £14,000
Full time, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.30pm
The Card Network is a relatively small, but growing company specialising in printed plastic cards, access control products and card accessories from our base in Sandycroft, near Chester.
We design and print bespoke plastic cards including membership cards, ID cards, loyalty cards and hotel key cards for some of the biggest names out there – including EE, De Vere Hotels, American Express and the NHS.
We also supply access control products, ID card printers and accessories, lanyards and ID card accessories ‘off the shelf’.
We’re looking for another team player to join us, this time in a packing/production role.
This role will be split across two business areas:
Preparation of orders, packing and despatch
– Accurately prepare orders from stock, checking the quality of goods is up to standard
– Work quickly and accurately to deadlines
– Picking and packing goods securely and to company guidelines
– Pack in accordance with the company’s branding and processes
– Despatch orders via the correct delivery service
– Maintain accurate records and log courier tracking of orders.
Assisting in the production and printing of plastic cards
– Assist the Production Supervisor in the design and preparation of artwork for plastic cards, to the correct artwork guidelines
– Assist in the printing of cards in-house, using the correct card printers and to specified standards
– Check cards produced by third party printers and flag any issues to the Production Supervisor
– Maintain quality standards throughout.
Time will be shared across the two areas depending on business needs, however it is likely that around 2/3rds of your time will be spent in the packing role.
Basic computer skills are essential. You’ll have good communication skills, be organised and methodical in following processes and procedures, and comfortable working to deadlines.
You must be a team player, willing to jump in and help in other business areas if needed.
Design skills, including knowledge of Photoshop would be advantageous but are not essential as training will be given.
Please send your CV with a covering letter telling us what attracts you to this role to email@example.com